Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Missed Call

I hate to make this a blog about how much I hate API and the study abroad program at my school, but so far frustration has been a big part of my study abroad experience. And frankly if you're going to share this experience with me, you need to share in my frustrations. You are living vicariously through me. So let's journey together.

Today I check my voicemail, and I have a call from API. The message is that they have not yet received my paperwork, and were wondering if I was still planning on going on the trip. Then the woman goes on to say that they need the paperwork...today.

This is not the first time that they have given me a ridiculous deadline. I received a letter in the mail stating that I owe them several thousands of dollars by ...two days prior to receiving the letter.

I'm not totally sure where it's okay for a company to not mention any deadlines until the day of. Luckily I sent out my paperwork a few days ago, but what if I hadn't. The call was at 3:18 pm. How would I get that paperwork to them today? Short of driving to Texas, I'm not sure it's possible. I will truly be thankful if I get to Paris and have somewhere to live and have successfully registered in some (ANY) classes.

In other news, I got my visa today. Less than a week after my adventure to the French consulate. So everyone who told me it would take 90 days can suck it.

No comments: