Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Light Reading

I got another ultimatum e-mail from API today, saying that they need my passport picture NOW or they won't be my bff anymore or something. But I won't go into that because I don't want to make this into an API hate blog (even though it's a little late for that). Let's just say that if I make it through this, I'm starting an API Survivors Anonymous support group ("the other AA").

I decided that since I'm going to a foreign country in, oh, a month, I should probably read up a little bit on my destination. So I went to Border's today and bought two Frommer's books, Paris Day by Day and Portable Paris 2008. I also bought Savoir Flair by Polly Platt, which looks like it will be really helpful with fitting in culturally. I was looking for some student-centered guides but couldn't find any, so if there are any recommendations, throw them at me.

2 comments:

LittleRed said...

I hope you have great adventures in Paris once all the paperwork headaches are straightened out. I'll be watching your blog to see how it goes for you:)

Gecko said...

I'm enjoying following your journey because I've never been overseas, and so I'm looking forward to staying up on this blog.