Monday, June 9, 2008

Home Away from Home?

So I got my housing assignment today... and I got assigned to a dorm! I guess bitching and moaning until you get what you want really works, since not only did I e-mail and call API, but I had my dad e-mail and call them, and I filled out the housing request form pretty much demanding a dorm room and saying that I am allergic to everything and would cry myself to sleep every night if I had to live with a family. It's called persistence.

In other news, I took a diagnostic test today and got a 52%. Yeah that's an F. I guess I need to brush up on my French a little bit... Luckily it doesn't count for placement, but I really have to get back into the swing of French if I want to place in an appropriate level class! Unfortunately I didn't plan very well and I didn't take any French classes last semester so I'm a little rusty.

It occurred to me today when I got my housing assignment that this is really happening...and soon! I'm definitely starting to get nervous.

2 comments:

Kella Morgan said...

I srsly want to hit you for going without me.

Mais, je peux ĂȘtre ton traducteur. ;D

Gecko said...

Ohhh,, getting soo close now! Persistance definetly helps! ;D You made me laugh with the crying yourself to sleep remark, I wonder what would happen if someone actually wrote that?

I've always wanted to learn French, I've bought two "French for dummies" type books, but I'd definetly have to do an actual class.